Monday, September 19, 2016

Hello Everyone

received 9/12
So I have been learning that my area is extremely different than in Corpus. We are a lot closer to the border and we can see the evidence of it everywhere it looks like Mexico, would make any sanitation worker cringe. Anyways we have been working super hard, not seeing much of the effects of our work as of yet but I definitely have been learning a lot more Spanish, Elder Torrez has been telling me my Spanish is a whole lot better. He finally received a new companion after his last one got sick and had to return home. His new companion is Elder Escobar from Edinburg. Elder Escobar just received the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday so he is on a mission a tad bit early. 
Something I'd like to share with y'all is this in 2 Nephi ch 5

 13 And it came to pass that we began to prosper exceedingly, and to multiply in the land.
 14 And I, Nephi, did take the sword of Laban, and after the manner of it did make many swords, lest by any means the people who were now called Lamanites should come upon us and destroy us; for I knew their hatred towards me and my children and those who were called my people.
 15 And I did teach my people to build buildings, and to work in all manner of wood, and of iron, and of copper, and of brass, and of steel, and of gold, and of silver, and of precious ores, which were in great abundance.
 16 And I, Nephi, did build a temple; and I did construct it after the manner of the temple of Solomon save it were not built of so many precious things; for they were not to be found upon the land, wherefore, it could not be built like unto Solomon’s temple. But the manner of the construction was like unto the temple of Solomon; and the workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine.
 17 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did cause my people to be industrious, and to labor with their hands.
And even though the goal of getting a temple built in our mission is tough and we have enough people we have been told that attendance at church isn't high enough to warrant building a temple here in McAllen, so we now know we must work to help people come to church, to help the take the sacrament, and to help them prepare to go to the Temple. and this is an awesome goal because it will help the people here to become eternal families.
 anyways have a great week 
Elder HarKer 



received 9/19

Hellos family highlights from this week are
ZL and interzone exchanges 
Went on exchanges with Elder Tomasi in my area, and Elder Wilson in Weslaco, TX which both werre super fun
La Noche Mexicana
for Mexican ind. day the ward put together a party to celebrate complete with food, dancing, and lots of Mexican stuff!

My invitation create a family mission plan to help share the gospel and find.  Members need to find, missionaries do the teaching. Check out "to sweep the Earth as with a flood" by Elder Bednar. super easy missionary work. 


Exchanges with Elder Tomasi

Exchanges in Weslaco with Elder Wilson


Elder Harker with his companion, Elder Mclaughlin (sombrero), Elder Torres (far right) and mini missionary Elder Escobar (far left)

No comments:

Post a Comment