We've been walking mostly my companions bike fell off the pickup on the ride up here and is in pieces on the interstate somewhere.
Its kinda crazy how close we are to the border, some parts of our area(which is super small) are completely mexico its crazy. Saturday everyone and their dog packed up their stuff early in the morning and started heading to mexico. the whole interstate was packed the streets to mexico were clogged and it honestly looked like the zombie Apocalypse was happening till we found out every one was going to vacation in mexico.
Its pretty crazy down here though its both English and Spanish and sometimes texmex which is crazy. its pretty cool all the trucks down here have treestand type stuff on top for hog hunting. now i know what my next project is when i get home!
|Elder Acosta and Elder Harker|
Mom sent the following email:
|Elder Harker, Elder Acosta, with a member (Karla) in Laredo|
1. How was your first flying experience? (Dad found a website and we tracked your first flight from boarding to landing, but because of the delay we didn't know which flight to track for the connection...oh well, you obviously got there)
2. Do you get to Skype for Christmas? If so, dads Skype account is email@example.com
3. Where do you live? Who do you live with?
4. What do you need most right now? (Picking up insulin Monday morning and a new glucagon--your current one is expired I think--and will send immediately).
5. Have you uploaded recently?
6. What was your A1c?
7. How are your sugars doing?
8. How's your bike? Send a pic or two of it. We didn't even really get to see it out of the box.
9. Where are you emailing from?
10. Are you doing ok? In all the pics we've seen both at the MTC and down in TX you look very happy and just good. Is it real? I hope so.
Wow. I know I'm full of questions. (You have NO idea). So since I know your time is limited AND we you are you and unless I have you trapped in a car for 30 mins a day I'm not gonna get too many details. You are just gonna have to pretend I have you trapped in the car and send me some answers. ;)
So here are Jeshua's responses to the questions:
1 it was good very weird but nothing to unlike a four wheeler
2 yes we will be skyping around 4ish so pay attention aroundmtn time.
3 we live on Taylor street in Lorado, i live with Elder Acosta, E. Herrin, and E. Gifford. im not sure if we are allowed to get mail at our apt. though.
4 insulin... idk were kinda far from McAllen, were headed downbut it usually takes a good few hours there and back its an all day thing and yes get a new glucagon and send instructions i never learned. right now? send my mp3 in with some of my pump stuff. the music situation is good, pretty much if you can feel the spirit so like we are all listening to the "thats Christmas to me" album by Pentatonix which would be awesome to have, but ya like Lindsey Stirling is good so ya. maybe a wildlife calendar.
5 no i need to ill try
6 idk im gunna try and get it done today
8 good already biffed it but i ain't to bad i was on the grass
9 the library of the third reich
ya I'm doing okay
|Missionaries singing (in Spanish) Jesh is second from the right end|